Thursday, May 21, 2009

Perfect Fryer Chicken

I was nervous about baking a fryer chicken, until my sister, Holly, told me how to do it. It turns out perfectly every time! Golden brown outside, tender inside. Tasty inside and out!

Ingredients:

1 fryer chicken
1 packet of chicken or turkey gravy
1 bay leaf
salt and pepper

Remove giblets from cavity of chicken, and rinse chicken thoroughly. Place chicken in roasting pan (or cake pan, if you don't have a roasting pan) breast side up (I put it in the pan upsided down my first time, how embarrassing). Rub gravy mix all over chicken. Place bay leaf in cavity. Season with salt and pepper.

Make a tinfoil 'tent' over the pan, making sure all edges are sealed and that the foil does not touch the bird (I make a large square by folding two sheets together).

Bake at 350 degrees for 2.5 hours (after preheating, of course). DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment