Thursday, May 14, 2009

Grandma Pat's Chocolate Chip Cookies

courtesy of Grandma Pat! These are THE BEST chocolate chip cookies EVER!!! You'll see why after you read the ingredients.

1 c. shortening
1 c. butter
1 1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. packed brown sugar
3 eggs
3 tsp. vanilla
5 c. flour (more if too thin)
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 bag chocolate chips (I use ONLY milk chocolate)

Mix shortening and butter together. Stir in sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Stir flour, soda, and salt together and gradually stir into wet mixture. Add chocolate chips.

Roll into 1 inch balls. Bake on greased cookie sheet (or wax paper, like I do) for 6-8 min at 350 degrees (or until the bottom of the cookie is golden brown...sometimes it takes mine a little longer).

This recipe makes a ton of cookies! You can use 1/2 of the dough and freeze the other half to bake later! Or bake 'em all and eat 'em all!! That's what I'd like to do!!

1 comment:

  1. I made these cookies last weekend.....YUM! I have found a new chocolate cookie recipe! I had to bake mine longer than suggested time (about 9 minutes).

    ReplyDelete