Sunday, May 20, 2012

Man Pleasing Chicken

Holy smokes... I love this. It was easy and delicious. I used chicken breast because I didn't have any thighs but I think I'll try the thighs next time. Chicken thighs- 1 package Dijon mustard- 1/2 cup Maple syrup- 1/4 cup Rice wine vinegar- 1 tablespoon Fresh rosemary Put the chicken thighs into the oven, and let them bake for 40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 165ºF. Baste the tops of the chicken with more sauce half way through. I find that a meat thermometer is essential in cooking because it allows me to check for doneness without cutting into the meat and losing its precious juices. Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving. Plate the chicken, making sure to spoon some extra sauce over the top. Sprinkle over some fresh rosemary. If there is ever a time to use fresh herbs, THIS IS IT! The flavors are just so good together. Enjoy the savory goodness of this meal! This is from the blog "Witty in the City" and here is the link: http://www.wittyinthecity.com/2011/08/man-pleasing-chicken/

No comments:

Post a Comment