Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork Tacos

I made these tonight, and they were DELISH!!  They were on the spicy side, so our girls had cheese quesadillas instead.  Next time, I'll take it easy on the red pepper so we can all enjoy them!

Slow Cooker Mexican Pulled Pork

serves 4

1 lb pork tenderloin, or chicken
1 15 oz can tomato sauce, or one 12oz jar salsa (I used the tomato sauce)
1 tablespoon chili powder
1 tablespoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (I didn't have any cayenne, so I used red pepper instead)
½ teaspoon salt
3 cloves garlic, minced

Place pork in the base of your slow cooker. In a small bowl, stir together all remaining ingredients. Pour evenly over pork. Cook on low for 8 hours. When done, shred the pork using two forks, pulling against the grain of the meat. Serve in warmed tortillas (either flour or corn; I chose corn) with shredded lettuce, chopped tomatoes, grated cheddar cheese, and sour cream. Garnish with chopped scallions.  We also added sliced olives and guacamole.

To.  Die.  For.  Seriously.

No comments:

Post a Comment