Monday, June 29, 2009

Tacos

Okay...don't be put off by the title "Tacos." These are not your ordinary tacos...they are so different, I'm not sure they can even be classified as a taco. No cheese, no lettuce, no tomato (that is, unless you want to add that stuff, of course). Just the filling and the shell. DELISH!!

As a side note: One day I told Nate that we would be having these tacos the next day. At dinner the next evening, he told me he had been looking forward to having these all day long...that's how good they are. If you know they're comin', LOOK OUT!!

Ingredients:

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 to 3/4 onion, chopped (I use a yellow one)
1 can tomato sauce
approx. 2 Tbsp. ketchup
dash chili powder (I shake a few times, I like more than a 'dash')
2 Tbsp. sugar
Tobasco sauce (you decide...I use 4-5 drops)

Corn tortillas

Brown ground beef and onion and drain. Add tomato sauce, ketchup, chili powder, sugar, and Tobasco. Reduce heat and simmer 20-30 minutes.

Deep fry tortillas and fill with beef mixture while tortillas are still soft and warm. Sometimes I fold them, some times I roll them and secure with a toothpick. (The other day, as a way to eliminate a few calories, I just warmed these up with some Pam Spray. Not as good...tortillas were kind of flimsy...but good, nonetheless.)

Enjoy!

Great served with Spanish Rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment